Saturday, March 10

5 Fundamental Truths of Trading



Selected from the book Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas the texts on the right are my short personal take.

1. Anything can happen. - Means no guarantees whatsoever.

2. You don't need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money. - Let the market be your guide.

3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge. - Nothing is 100% in this business

4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another. - The art of anticipation.

5. Every moment in the market is unique. - Observe the market and trade the probabilities.

3 comments:

  1. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.
    FXCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.FXCM

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tauqueer,

    Thanks for kind words. I've been to your website but for some reason your button icons are not working on my google chrome browser.

    @Anonymous, I'm glad you liked my blog. My simple objectives are: to track my progress as a trader/market student, share what I believe, enjoy other stuff and learn from fellow bloggers. Thank for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete